Assistant Professor of Biology
The University of Dallas Constantin College of Liberal Arts invites applications for an Assistant Professor position starting August 2022. This person will teach courses in Cell Structure Function, Biological Chemistry, a plant physiology unit in a team-taught General Biology course, and upper-level courses on topics that align with the candidate’s interests. The candidate will be expected to develop a research program that engages undergraduate students in a manner to help them prepare for careers or graduate programs (i.e. Ph.D., Masters, M.D. or other health-related programs). The candidate will also help advise biology majors, including students interested in health professions and continuing on to medical or graduate school.
- Prepare and deliver instruction, which may include lectures and class discussion, to undergraduate students.
- Develop and instruct laboratory courses for undergraduates.
- Evaluate and grade students’ assignments and papers.
- Maintain student attendance records, grades, and other required information.
- Plan, evaluate, and revise course content, course materials, and methods of instruction.
- Maintain regularly scheduled office hours to advise and assist students.
- Keep abreast of developments in the field by reading current literature and participating in professional or industry associations.
- Maintain a research laboratory engaging undergraduate students with research activities in main field of expertise.
- Earned Ph.D. and/or medical degree. The area of specialization is open, but preference will be given to applicants with a background in plant physiology, ecology, and/or use a plant based experimental model system.
- Excellent presentation skills and a clear focus on the discipline.
- Knowledge and practice of a variety of instructional methods that ensure successful student learning.
- Demonstrated potential for strong teaching and quality research.
- Ability to function effectively in the department and within the University.
- Evidence of demonstrated commitment to quality undergraduate teaching and research.
Applications for the position should be made online at https://hr.udallas.edu/apply/. Applicants should submit a cover letter, teaching statement, research statement, a complete curriculum vitae, names and contact information for three persons willing to provide letters of recommendation, and unofficial transcripts showing titles of graduate courses taken and highest degree earned. If the transcript does not indicate full course titles, these should be supplied separately. Review of applications will begin on October 15, 2021, and will continue until the position is filled.
Any question regarding this position can be directed to the chair of the search committee, Dr. Deanna Soper, at email@example.com.
WHO WE ARE
The University of Dallas is a Catholic university that seeks to educate the whole person, encouraging its students to pursue wisdom, truth and virtue as the proper and primary ends of education (http://www.udallas.edu/about/mission.php). All faculty members are expected to understand and support the mission.
Apply for Assistant Professor of Biology
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly