The Department of Cooperative Institute for Marine and Atmospheric Studies (CIMAS) has an exciting opportunity for a full-time Postdoctoral Associate to work in Miami, FL.
We seek a Postdoctoral Associate to join our group and work as a biologist in the Marine Mammal Program of the NOAA Southeast Fisheries Science Center. The incumbent’s primary activities will be developing and implementing a framework to assess the risk of interactions between vessels and North Atlantic right whales using information on whale distribution and abundance, vessel traffic, and models of encounter and mortality rates.
Candidates for this position should have:
(1) Ph.D. in oceanography, marine biology, statistics, or related discipline
(2) demonstrated experience in programming languages such as R or Matlab
(3) previous experience working with large, spatially explicit data sets
(4) the ability and desire to work as part of a collaborative team
(5) demonstrated technical writing ability
(6) demonstrated ability to work independently to complete complex tasks
The position will be located at the NOAA Fisheries Southeast Fisheries Science Center, Marine Mammal and Turtle Division located in Miami, FL. Remote work may be required due to considerations related to COVID-19.
Curriculum Vitae and the contact information for 3 people who can provide letters of recommendation are required.