Project Manager for Bending the River
- Metabolic Studio
- Los Angeles, California
- Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
- Closing date
- May 27, 2022
- Environmental justice, Soil ecology, Urban ecosystem ecology
- Job Type
- Organization Type
Lauren Bon is an environmental artist based in Los Angeles, CA. Her practice, Metabolic Studio, explores self-sustaining and self-diversifying systems of exchange that feed emergent properties that regenerate the life web. We are currently looking for a Project Manager to join us to work on the Bending the River (BTR) project.
The ideal candidate will be literate on environmental issues and a proactive problem solver. They will need organizational skills and have meticulous attention to detail. They should have previous experience managing complex projects including finalizing aspects of design and ongoing build out and construction. They will also need to understand this work as a response to the precarity we face as climate change wreaks havoc on the web of life.
Bending The River is an infrastructural artwork now in construction. We are redirecting a small portion of LA River Water in an array of pipes we are laying under the concrete of the LA River, then moving that water under railway tracks before lifting it into a native wetland, treatment before distributing it to the neighboring parks including the Los Angeles State Historic Park.
- Working closely with Lauren Bon
- Manage consultants: engineers, contractors, artists, communications
- Coordinate with Metabolic Studio office team, schedules, documentation, archiving
- Keep on top of project budget, expenses, scheduling and produce weekly team schedules and updates
- Support permitting processes whenever necessary
- Advocate for best practices with contractors and engineer consultants in relationship to environmental ideals and goals of this project.
- Knowledge about the LA Aqueduct watershed and able to discuss this project in relationship to it.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Architecture, Landscape Architecture, Engineering, or equivalent education
- Minimum of 8 years of similar work experience and team management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of Native Plants
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, AutoCAD, and Adobe Creative Suite, 3D modeling skills a plus
- Ability to do measured drawings and basic models by hand a plus
- Familiarity and basic understanding of Web3 and web3 language
- Ability to work with student volunteers/interns and be able to articulate to project scope to others
- Knowledge of environmental science Understanding of material science and its application on engineering solutions
- Bi-Lingual a plus (Spanish/English)
- Knowledge of Tongva/Gabrielino people and traditions a plus
- Team Player
Position to start immediately. Go to www.metabolicstudio.org to learn more about Metabolic Studio and the Bending the River project.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert