World Wildlife Fund (WWF), one of the world's leading conservation organizations, seeks a Senior Program Officer, Climate.
The Senior Program Officer, Climate will support the organization-wide climate strategy by helping to develop evidence-based metrics that are aligned across the organization, with a particular focus on land carbon and engaging in WWF's corporate-facing work on climate change mitigation in the land sector.
The Senior Program Officer will be responsible for project management; support in development of carbon metrics; support in implementation of technical methods and tools to support the WWF-US Science-Based Targets work; and engagement in multistakeholder mitigation groups and of business and key stakeholders.
- Support use of land sector climate emissions tools, science-based targets for land intensive supply chains covering deforestation (possibly degradation).
- Responsible for supporting senior staff and coordination across WWF on carbon metrics, and corporate-facing climate change mitigation work in the land sector.
- Lead project management in the development of programs of work. This will include working across teams within WWF US as well as with the WWF Network.
- Program development and implementation including drafting documents, contributing to conference calls, conducting literature searches, developing methods and calculations, and managing contracts.
- Manage financial reporting from WWF and subcontractors, as needed.
- Manage effective internal communications with all relevant WWF teams.
- Develop requests for proposals with consultants and manage lifecycle of contracts.
- Perform technical tasks, literature reviews, pilot testing carbon accounting, etc. with support and guidance from senior staff scientists.
- Aid senior staff in WWF's participation in the implementation of new accounting guidelines for land sector emissions and removals within the Greenhouse Gas Protocol.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- A bachelor's degree in Climate Science, Environmental Science/Management, Engineering, Industrial Ecology or other related field, with a minimum of 6 years program or other professional experience or an advanced degree with a minimum of 3 years' experience required.
- Knowledge of carbon accounting, climate change, agriculture, forestry, and supply chain dynamics.
- Specific knowledge of corporate carbon accounting and lifecycle analysis is preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills, research and writing skills, analytical skills, project management skills.
- Ability to operate with independence, under pressure, to meet deadlines and commitments.
- Ability to work on initiatives with multiple and competing priorities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively as a team member with a wide range of individuals, possibly across cultures and time zones.
- Travel may be required (2-3 times a year); however, majority of work will occur in the office.
- Committed to building and strengthening a culture of inclusion within and across teams.
- Identifies and aligns with WWF's core values: Courage, Integrity, Respect, and Collaboration:
- Demonstrates courage by speaking up even when it is difficult, or unpopular.
- Builds trust with colleagues by acting with integrity, owning mistakes, and holding oneself accountable.
- Welcomes other points of view and ideas, recognizing and embracing different and contrary perspectives with kindness, curiosity, and encouragement.
- Makes conscious efforts to promote cooperative practices, behaviors, and ways of working across many groups and individuals.
WWF is committed to maintaining a safe and healthy workplace and requires all US-based staff to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. WWF will consider requests for accommodation from the vaccine requirement based on disability, medical contraindication, sincerely held religious belief, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
- Submit cover letter and resume through our Careers Page, Requisition #23063
- Due to the high volume of applications we are not able to respond to inquiries via phone
As an EOE/AA employer, WWF will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or protected Veteran status. WWF values diversity and inclusion and welcomes diverse candidates to apply.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/Oma24kuDdyPxptgElHnAB1