University of Idaho
Department Head - Soil and Water Systems
Division/College: Col of Agricultural & Life Sciences
Employee Category: Faculty
Pay Range: Commensurate with Experience
Full/Part Time: Full Time
The University of Idaho, College of Agriculture & Life Sciences, is seeking to hire an Associate or Full Professor to lead Soil & Water Systems (SWS) Department. The SWS Department Head will lead a diverse and vibrant faculty that conducts integrated research, teaching, extension, and outreach programs to support water and soil resource management in agriculture and forests in the State of Idaho. The programs seek to expand our scientific understanding of soil and water both nationally and internationally. SWS programs include research, teaching and extension in applied and basic soil and water sciences, precision agriculture, and agriculture systems management. This position will be responsible for guiding the growth and quality of SWS academic and research programs and activities. Duties will range from administration of the Department’s curricula, budget, and facilities, to developing externally funded research and extension programs, and stakeholder and alumni engagement. This is an academic year appointment with a negotiable summer salary.
• An earned doctorate in Soil Science, Water Science, or related discipline.
• Experience developing and overseeing research, extension, instructional activities that have resulted in national and international record of scholarly achievement commensurate with the rank of Associate or Full Professor with tenure.
• Experience developing and leading research programs that address agricultural, environmental or forestry issues in soil and water resource management, including acquisition of external funding.
• Experience managing large research program budgets.
• Experience leading and mentoring employees.
• Experience in compliance with personnel management.
• Experience in teaching, mentoring, or advising undergraduate and graduate students.
• Experience working with stakeholders to develop research, teaching, and extension programs.
• Experience working and communicating with diverse groups, including both across institutional units and with external stakeholders.
• Evidence of commitment to diversity and success in building an organizational culture and environment of team building, mutual respect, and support.
• Experience addressing land-grant university missions and goals.
• Previous experience as an administrative unit head or director at a university or large research institution.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
Required Licensures, Certifications or other
Posting Number: F001102P
Posting Date: 02/14/2023
Open Until Filled: Yes
Applications received by March 14, 2023, will receive first consideration.
Along with your on-line application, write a https://www.uidaho.edu/-/media/UIdaho-Responsive/Files/human-resources/careers/letter-of-qualification-template.docx?la=en&hash=BB7E0EE86C9FC9D4B8C524A2A45A8FDBC9D2EA01 addressing how you meet the required and preferred qualifications listed.
In addition, your application materials must include a CV, as well as names & contact information for at least three (3) professional references.
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: https://apptrkr.com/3912754
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.