R&D Chemist, PhD
- Competitive salary
- Closing date
- Jul 23, 2023
Are you inspired by “what’s next”? So are we.
When you join the Albemarle team, you contribute to a better tomorrow. You will play a role in powering many of the world’s largest and most critical industries, from energy and communications to transportation and electronics. We are putting innovation to work to improve people’s lives and we want YOU to be a part of it.
Albemarle Corporation is currently seeking a R&T (Research, Development & Technology) Chemist to work within the Bromine Process Technology group at our Process Development Center in Baton Rouge. The Process Technology group develops and executes projects to materially improve existing processes; leads troubleshooting for any major process issues with existing processes and participates in the introduction of new products.
- Able to quickly comprehend project goals and design and execute experiments to satisfy the project goals.
- Analyze existing process problems and define robust and innovative solutions with limited oversight
- Analyze existing processes and identify material improvement opportunities with limited oversight.
- Collaborate with other chemists, engineers, and stakeholders to develop experimental protocols to evaluated new product commercialization, debottlenecking efforts, increases in plant capacity, major operability improvements, improvements in plant HS&E performance, etc.
- Collaborate with chemists and engineers/scientists to scale up processes from bench to pilot to commercial scale and to select the optimal process technology for each process step.
- Actively contributing to the innovation and ideation process through the development and justification of new project proposals.
- Providing technical support to specific manufacturing areas.
- Report writing, presentations, project management.
- Continual development of your professional skillset.
- PhD in Chemistry with 0- 3 years of chemical industry or academic experience as a research chemist.
- Real bench scale experience is needed as part of PhD, postdoctoral research or in chemical industry.
- Significant proven experience in the areas of chemistry research and analytical chemistry.
- Experience in organic and/or inorganic synthesis.
- Experience with analytical methods is a plus.
- Strong safety mindset.
- Strong command of chemistry fundamentals.
- Proven examples of developing innovative solutions to complex problems.
- Strong teamwork and leadership skills.
- Initiative, creativity, and problem solving abilities
- Excellent written, verbal, computer, and interpersonal skills.
Choose to unlock your full POTENTIAL. Apply today.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert