Department: FAES | School of Environment and Natural Resources
We seek a postdoctoral researcher for an exciting project to assess geographic variation in psychological phenomena (e.g., tolerance, support for restoration) relevant to the conservation and restoration of large carnivores in the U.S. In this position, the postdoctoral researcher will work with a variety of collaborators with expertise in ecology, the social sciences, and resource management. The researcher will conduct analyses on two large datasets (>3500 cases spanning 30 U.S. states) that quantify a variety of factors relevant to the conservation of wolves and cougars in the U.S. at various spatial scales to help inform reintroduction and recovery efforts.
The successful candidate will be supervised by Dr. Jeremy Bruskotter and located in the School of Environment and Natural Resources at The Ohio State University. The candidate will receive additional advising from project Co-PIs -- Dr. Neil Carter (University of Michigan) and Dr. John Vucetich (Michigan Technological University). We currently have 18 months funding for this position with the potential for an additional 6 months funding.
- PhD in Conservation, Complex Systems, Ecology, Geography, Natural Resources, Wildlife Sciences, or related field (psychology, sociology), from an accredited university.
- Competitive applicants will possess: a strong statistical modeling background
- Competence with Geographic Information Systems
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Other desirable traits include knowledge of socio-ecological systems (or coupled natural-human systems) theory
- The ability to work as part of a collaborative, multi-disciplinary team. Preference will be given to scholars with a proven publication record.
Application Deadline & Start Date
- The review and selection process will begin at the end of November 2023.
- This opening may be removed from posting boards and filled at any time after the minimum posting period has ended.
- Anticipated start date is ~ 01 January 2024 but is negotiable.
To learn more and apply, please visit: https://osujoblinks.com/k3r4
The Ohio State University is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, genetic information, HIV/AIDS status, military status, national origin, race, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy, protected veteran status, or any other basis under the law.