WittKieffer is proud to partner with University of Nebraska Medical Center (UNMC) to conduct the national search for their next Chair, Department of Environmental, Agricultural & Occupational Health. This is a unique opportunity at one of the most dynamic academic medical centers in the U.S.
The Department of Environmental, Agricultural & Occupational Health is an exceptionally collaborative and interdisciplinary environment for research and education. The expertise of the faculty—including climate change, infectious disease, health security, agricultural and industrial safety, and myriad other fields—and the eagerness to work across disciplines has created a culture where basic, translational, and applied scientists tackle some of the thorniest problems to keep people safe and healthy at work, at home, and in every setting against both the most routine, and the most extraordinary, threats.
The Chair of Environmental, Agricultural, and Occupational Health reports to the dean of the College of Public Health, Dr. Ali Khan, and will work closely and collaboratively with other college leaders, fellow department chairs, internal and external university partners and stakeholders, and departmental faculty, staff and students to advance the interests of the College of Public Health.
The successful Chair of Environmental, Agricultural, and Occupational Health candidate will:
• Develop a vision for the department that ensures strategic growth and viability for the future, creating additional opportunities for faculty and staff and attracting additional students to the department’s education programs.
• Ensure that the mission and values of the department are well articulated and supported.
• Serve as an integral member of the college’s leadership team working proactively and collaboratively with school leadership, with university partners in other schools, colleges and units, and with external stakeholders to advance the mission and goals of the university, school and department.
• Continue strong culture of collaboration and continuous improvement. Promote professional development for staff. Advocate for opportunities for faculty development at all ranks.
• Advance the regional and national profile of the department. Connect faculty with additional opportunities for inter-institutional research and extramural funding. Promote collaboration within Nebraska—across UNMC, with University of Nebraska campuses, state agencies, and non-government organizations—and nationally with federal agencies and other organizations.
The preferred candidate will possess a Ph.D., Dr.P.H., or M.D./M.P.H. degree, with active work in the field of public health and environmental, agricultural, or occupational health, is required. Additionally, it is expected that successful candidates will possess credentials and experience in research, teaching, and service equivalent to a full professor at UNMC.
Please direct all applications, inquiries, and nominations to Joyce DeLeo, Rob Springall or Ethan Robles using the https://apptrkr.com/4950131 or by email, at: UNMC-EAOH-Chair@wittkieffer.com. The Candidate Portal is a secure, easy way to nominate a colleague, express interest, or apply for a position. Either means of application is acceptable.
The University of Nebraska Medical Center is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work and learning environment free from discrimination and harassment. UNMC is dedicated to creating an environment where everyone feels valued, respected and included.
UNMC does not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, and/or political affiliation in its programs, activities, or employment. UNMC complies with all local, state and federal laws prohibiting discrimination, including Title IX, which prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex.